The Originals - Season 1, Episode 15: Le Grand Guignol
- You know, for all the misery and terror Mikael caused his children, I would have thought back in Mystic Falls Klaus he would have reveled in Mikael’s demise a little bit more than he did.
- Mikael really was a son of a bitch. I can completely understand why Esther slept around on him.
- I still have a problem with that fact that Klaus could even become a vampire at all, given that he is the biological son of a werewolf. I don’t believe the writers ever adequately explained that.
- Wow, we got Elijah’s vampire face twice in one episode. Impressive!
- I guess Elijah is no longer in love with Celeste, considering how thoroughly she fucked up his life the past few episodes. He had no problem eviscerating her in the crypt.
- So what does Monique do now? Her faith in Celeste/Sabine’s loyalty turned out to be for nothing, so who does she align with now?
- Bravo Marcel! I might have cheered when he ripped Bastiana’s head off.
- Davina is back!! I wonder if she’s going to come back with Monique’s same RISE OF THE WITCHES attitude. The agony Marcel went through when Davina “died” was legit. I hope she realizes how much Marcel truly loves her and that he wasn’t just using her.
- Oh my God is Phoebe Tonkin gorgeous. I manage to forget that when Hayley’s moping around the compound, mooning after Elijah or sneering at Klaus. But that scene in the bayou when Elijah gave her the cure for the curse, Hayley’s smile was incredible. I hope the writers create a storyline for Hayley that is worthy of Phoebe’s talent.
- Speaking of the bayou - when did Eve upgrade her wardrobe? She was dressed like a homeless person in “The River In Reverse”, and now she’s dressed like a banker on her lunch break in an overcoat and scarf.
- I think it was really freaking cold when they filmed this episode. You could see the actors’ breath. And because vampires aren’t supposed to feel cold, they couldn’t wear coats. That’s got to suck on a night shoot when it’s 12°.
- Is it possible that the hex on Keiran disappeared when Bastiana died? I’m not sure that makes sense, because a witch’s curse outlasts the witch who cast it. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.
- So the writers want us to believe that Klaus’ constant control over Rebekah, stopping her from ever finding love, was because he was waiting until they built a home they didn’t have to run from. I’m not sure that makes sense. But it played perfectly into the irony that Klaus gave Rebekah and Marcel his blessing right after they summoned Mikael to town.
- Cami is so sassy! I love to watch her tease Klaus, with no real regard for how powerful he is and how easily he could rip her head off. But she does have real feelings for him, otherwise she could have let him just fall over when he was too weak to stand on his own.
- Elijah: "…Persuade him [Klaus] not to murder his baby sister." It is adorable the way Elijah refers to his siblings as “baby” brother/sister.
- I’ll be honest, watching the three last Originals square off in the graveyard was pretty fucking cool. My money’s on Elijah being able to talk Klaus out of staking Rebekah. As brutal as Klaus can be when he gives in to his dark side, Elijah is even more accomplished as a negotiator.
The Blacklist - Season 1, Episode 15: The Judge
- Hallelujah - Tom is finally revealed! Ryan Eggold did a damn good job of convincing me he was a wuss who had no balls at all. I am looking forward to seeing the darker side of Tom.
- So Red was right about Tom all along. Makes that little chat the two of them had at the hospital when Elizabeth’s dad died all the more chilling.
- Red said it all when he told the Judge: “At the end of it all…the only irrefutable fact is that you better be right." Whether a society chooses to execute its worst criminals or imprison them for life isn’t about justice, it’s about humanity. Making sure that society doesn’t hang an innocent person - that is about justice.
- Notice the word Red used when he told the Judge that Rifkin had “executed” the villagers. He didn’t say ‘killed’. He said executed. There’s a big difference in those two words, and it’s telling how Red chose the former.
- That super-slow version of “Jolene” was a perfect fit. This show is really bringing it with the music choices.
- I’m starting to wonder if Elizabeth is the pawn used to bring Red out into the open. And that it’s a plan that has been years in the making. I thought this whole story was about Red protecting Elizabeth on his own terms. I’m thinking now that he had no choice because his enemies began to move against him.
- When Red told Cooper a war was coming, I literally got chills. It was cool enough watching Red’s people mobilize when he was kidnapped by Garrick. When he marshals the troops for a full-scale war, it’s going to be outstanding.
Thank you for your suggestions for healthy snacks. You guys are the best!
I am going to attempt to post a little more often about cooking and healthy recipes and such. (I suck at consistency, so I’m not sure how frequent the posts will be.)
But tumblr needs some more food posts, right? Because we’re not all hungry enough as it is.